Sunday, May 2, 2010

Boo-Yah!!!

My New Year's Resolution was to do a 10-week training program for a 1/2 marathon. I could never really picture myself running a 1/2 marathon or actually WANTING to run one. But I thought if I did the training I could lose some baby fat:) The training program was off marathonrookie.com. What caught my eye were the long runs each saturday that gradually built up. I stared at the number "10 miles." I thought that when I completed those runs I would definately blog about it & write "boo-yah" on my blog post & how I completed 10 miles. Well, two of those days came & left, and honestly there was nothing to boo-yah about. Because for me, I am not a long distance runner, anything after 8 miles I am not really too happy about! So I was pretty nervous about this race, but I have to tell you that I REALLY enjoyed the experience! (and knowing I completed my goal & do not have to do long runs again!:)) I LOVED running with 3,000 other people, I loved the gatorade & water tables, I loved the weather, I loved running it with my sister-in-law Jenny, my friend Aundria, & I loved that my boys & Ted were my biggest fans!!!





9 comments:

Holly said...

You're so cute and skinny! Way to go girl! Now you need to run another with me sometime up here. Boo-Yah!

Jones Family said...

Great job! I'm so proud of you:-) And look how little you are!

Hank and Paula said...

Way to go Peggy. I am doing good to run from telephone pole to telephone pole. Seriously I need to do better. You look great and I'm sure you feel even better! Good job! What an accomplishment.

Becky said...

Good Job Peggy!!! I could never do that! Congrats!!! Let me know if you need me to be a babysitter for your running practice for a full marathon!! (:

Jenny said...

love checking out your blog :) Congrats again on the half marathon!!

Brooks and Wendy said...

I love the pictures - you look great! Congratulations again on such a HUGE accomplishment! :)

Michelle Wilkes said...

Way to Go! Looks like ALL the baby fat is gone!!!

Amber said...

Way to go Peg!! You look great...

jody said...

Peggy, I am so impressed! You did awesome! I always knew you could do it. Love Jody