Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Our dog Gus


There have been a few inquiries about our dog Gus. So in tribute to you Gus, here is your story. Ted & I decided upon my completion of nursing school my "prize" could be a puppy. So we drove to Lubbock, Texas to take the NCLEX nursing exam, when it was all over & convincing myself I had failed, our next stop was the Lubbock Mall. What a cute little apricot fluffball in the window, the puppy weighed 1.5 lbs, so tiny & cute. We were not sure what kind of dog it was, when we were told, "a poodle," Ted said, "absolutely not, we are not going to own a poodle." And after a few, "ohhh, but he's so cute, come on look at him, don't you love him already," he was ours:) Gus is now 2.5 years old, he is a minature poodle & weighs 11 lbs. He is a good dog, Ted will NEVER admit that he likes him, but he does. Hunter LOVES Gus, I've never heard him laugh as much as he does when he's playing with Gus. So here's to you Gus, thank you for being an alright little poodle!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Peg,
I didn't realize he is still so small! He is a very cute little prize for you!

Mindy said...

That is halarious! Ryan won't admit that he likes Chole (our dog) either, it must be a guy thing.

Cami said...

Peggy! Thanks for inviting me to your blog times. Cute doggie, even cuter kids, and beautiful house! I'm glad we can keep in touch again.